Podcast Movement Mini Highlights A super cheat sheet of Podcast Movement. The biggest take-a-ways are…
Time to get concrete numbers about computers, screens and chair distances to see if you have good ergonomics to help reduce low back pain occurrences.
Ergonomics factor that cause low back pain
- Less than 6 hours sitting is ok but over 6 hours is not great.
- 20 inches chair to monitor screen
- front of knee to table 2-3 inches
- 25 age or older and 50% of day in a computer desk or more
- distance 50-70cm is good. over 70 or under 50 is bad
- height of PC to table 10cm is good
- keyboard and mouse 15cm, don’t over stretch
- 23in table to chair, less than that is not as good
- episode 338 of Evidence Based Chiropractor for the full details
Main measurements to impress companies with your ergonomic assessment: working posture, screen to keyboard, distance to chair, height of computer… do it wrong and it can cause low back pain.
Show notes can be found at https://adoctorsperspective.net/m78 here you can also find links to things mentioned and the full transcript.